Wednesday, April 25, 2007

In Which The Usual Is Stated

Sunday I woke up at 6:00a.m. to get ready for the MS walk. It was a lot slower a pace than I envisioned. Granted, everyone is going their own speed, but I had to stay with my group of Gap-ers so we could take a picture in the end. Made a three mile walk an hour (give or take.) Then a quick bite at an Argentinian restaurant with two of my lady coworkers/ friends before heading off to see my friend Javier's show.

It was awesome.

In case I didn't mention, it was centered around family violence prevention, with a hip/hop/ dance backdrop. There's a group of poppers/ lockers called the Jabawokies (sp?) who are awesome in their own right. They go onstage in masks and perform routines I can only compare to the Blue Man Group. Only they dance instead of drum. I did the sound for the D.A.R.E. kids, which went smoothly. I had a great time in front of all that equipment. And KRS-One performed!

Awesome.

So I'm at work. My phone starts ringing. 'We just scored tickets to see the Chili Peppers. You doing anything Cinco de Mayo?' Now I'm going to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers! With Eddie Vedder! And an open bar! And free mexican buffet!

Awesome.

And four days after that, Wolfmother in Anaheim.

I'm spending more money than I should, but I don't care. I never allow myself to have fun and just enjoy life. I'm always so focused on work or too tired from lack of sleep. Or musing to myself about the womens (I know what I said) I can't have. It's a nice change of pace to be so carefree. I'm almost... happy.

Now to sleep. I have work in a few hours.

No comments: