Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Ala Kaki

So I took a trip to the DMV.

I'm finally getting around to getting a license (I'm buying a car off of a coworker this weekend.) Anyway, since I was out and about I figured I'd get some bags, boards, and boxes for my comics, as the storage situation I have right now isn't quite working (And really, what kind of storage method is having random stacks of books just lying around?)

So the shop opens up at 11:00 and I'm a few blocks away. The time is 10:00. I grab some breakfast and a crossword puzzle and time just flies by. 11:05 rolls around and the lights are off in the shop. The windows are barred. Etc.

That's what I hate about this particular shop. They NEVER open on time. And, just my luck, it starts drizzling. Being the cool cat that I am, I'm in jeans and a tee shirt. So I'm walking down sunset killing some time and I say to myself, 'Self. You haven't been in Sam Ash in a while. Why not check out the gear? It'll surely kill some time.'

So in I go.

Long story short, say hello to my latest aquisition.
(note- This is a generic internet picture. I'll take actual pictures when I'm not so lazy.)


Needless to say, I didn't go back to the comic shop.

1 comment: